— Employment Hub —
Work with us
NOTE: Apply now for facilitator positions!
The Launch Pad Drop-In Facilitator
Approx. 22 per week Hours
At least 21 years of age
Starts at $16.37/hr.
Drop-In Facilitators report to Program Coordinators and The Launch Pad Program Director.
Drop-In Facilitators work with middle school/high school aged participants, providing onsite supervision, leading programs designed to facilitate growth in social/emotional and educational arenas, and supporting Youth Driven Space during drop-in Hours.
The Launch Pad drop-in hours are designed to offer teens a wonderful place outside of school, home, or work where they can relax, breathe freely, and have fun! We give them the opportunity to participate in programming that helps facilitate social/emotional growth and 21st-century skills, as well as the time and support to develop their own programming that centers on building community and civic engagement!
A successful Facilitator will work closely with program coordinators to ensure completion of all daily tasks, such as running the shuttle, cleaning, and effectively facilitating the daily programs, while engaging with the teens and helping to foster a fun, Youth Driven Space.
This position is for someone who is highly motivated, self-directed, energetic, committed to the “Kids at Hope” philosophy, creative, and excited to learn about the unique practices The Launch Pad uses in helping youth become more fully themselves.
The responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Spend time in space with teens.
- Facilitate activities and programs.
- Prep for activities and meetings.
- Run perimeter checks.
- Run shuttle to local schools.
- Maintain ground rules.
- Clean The Launch Pad spaces.
- Communicate with parents during drop off/pickup, and over the phone.
- Oversee chores with youth.
- Act as a mandatory reporter.
- And other duties as assigned.
Experience required for this position include:
- Experience working with adolescents and ideally experience in coaching/mentoring/tutoring adolescents.
- Leadership and Volunteer Experience.
- A Finger Print Clearance Card.
- A Background Check (conducted through The Launch Pad Teen Center).
- Kolbe MO Assessment (provided by The Launch Pad Teen Center).