Mission and Vision
The Launch Pad is an all-inclusive space and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexuality, class, religion, or ability. The Launch Pad is a youth driven and focused space, providing programming that is culturally relevant to teens in Yavapai County. Our teen leadership board is the backbone of our organization, consistently holding the teen center accountable to the youth it serves. We believe that youth are powerful agents for change in their own lives and in the lives of others, we believe they are the experts of their own lived experiences, and that the best way to serve youth is through love, compassion, and stability, with a deep respect and belief in their own capacity to be powerful members of our community.
- Teens will no longer engage in substance abuse and other high risk behaviors in Yavapai County.
- All teens in Yavapai County will have access to excellent mental health services and adult support, and will not experience suicidal thoughts or yearnings.
- Teens will no longer experience or engage in bullying in Yavapai County.
- Teens will not experience discrimination or oppression on the basis of race, class, sexuality, ability, or gender. Teens in Yavapai County will be advocates for a just a peaceful world where everyone is welcome.
- Teens in Yavapai County will have the opportunities, confidence, and tools necessary to fulfill their life’s aspirations.
- Teens will be more actively involved in positively impacting their community.
- Teens will feel prepared and confident to enter the workforce.
- Yavapai County will be a community that actively values and supports youth, and understands that they are an integral part of our community
“The mission of The Launch Pad is to incite teen confidence and empowerment through innovative community education and engagement.”
The Launch Pad facilitates this by providing teens in Yavapai County with educational and social opportunities that encourage learning, active community involvement and the development of skills to become successful, empowered, contributing members of society.
Provide teens in Yavapai County educational and social opportunities that encourage learning, active community involvement and developing skills to become successful, empowered, contributing members of society.
Provide educational and social opportunities for Prescott area youth, while encouraging them to follow their life aspirations with a focus on health, happiness and success.